Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jayden Boy

Well, our computers are back up and running, so it's about time that I stop neglecting this blog. I've been meaning to do a little post about my oldest boy for a while now. He's such a neat kid and I want to be able to remember some of the sweet and funny things that come out of his mouth at this age.

A few months back, I posted an interview that I did with Tyler. I thought it would be fun to see how my 6-year-old would respond too, so here is Jayden's interview. I'm pretty sure the family talk we had last night about following house rules was still on his mind for the first few questions.

Jayden - 6 1/2 years old

What is something mommy always says to you?

Stop doing bad things.

What makes mommy happy?

Being good and quiet when she’s sleeping.

What makes mommy sad?

When I don’t do good things.

What does your mom do that makes you laugh?

When you tickle me sometimes, and when you say funny words to me. You do that sometimes.

What was your mom like as a child?

Uh, (giggles) I don’t know. I never seen you as a little kid before.

How old is your mommy?

29

How tall is your mom?

So tall, but not really.

What is her favorite thing to do?

Do fun stuff with us sometimes.

What does your mom do when you’re not around?

Let’s see… Hope that I will come back.

If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

What does that mean?

What is your mommy really good at?

Playing soccer.

What is your mom not very good at?

Let’s see… tennis. (So true!)

What does your mom do for a job?

To read her scriptures every day because you have them right now.

What is your mommy’s favorite food?

I think you like to eat asparagus, do you? Or every food.

What makes you proud of your mom?

That she works hard, like Daddy.

If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

Zack & Cody’s mom. Or Phineas and Ferb’s mom.

What do you and your mom do together?

Sometimes go to the waterpark together.

How are you and your mom the same?

Because we have blue eyes and the same skin. And do we have the same hair?

How are you and your mom different?

Oh, I know one, because you’re a girl and I’m a boy.

How do you know your mom loves you?

Because she gives me hugs all the time.

What does your mom like best about your dad?

That he works hard for us.

Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?

Umm, to Costco.

How old was your mom when you were born?

(Thinks hard and counts with fingers.) 23. (I’m impressed.)

What is your favorite color?

Light blue.

Jayden loves his dad and likes to talk just like him. "Awesome" and "sweet" are some of his favorite expressions. It's no accident that Tim says these all the time too.

Jayden's also a very spiritual child. I often find him up reading his children's bible before anyone else in the house is up. He loves church and is always eager to lead family prayers. This year, we were able to take our boys to the Mesa temple for the Easter pageant. Jay absolutely loved it. Afterward, we took the boys into the visitor center. Jayden would have gladly stayed there for hours to watch every video and look at every display. Outside, Tim asked the boys if they wanted to go up and touch the temple. Jayden ran to the side of the building, wrapped his arms around it in a big hug and said, "I wish I could live in Heavenly Father's house!" It will be so special when we do get to go into the temple as a family next month. I'm excited to watch Jayden grow and to see the example he will be for his little brothers and his friends. We are so lucky to have him in our family!

3 comments:

Christina said...

What a cute boy you have! He is really impressive with his answers for his age. So cute. We are excited for you guys with the upcoming blessings you will receive from the temple. Thanks for sharing... you have such a sweet family!:)

Lynette said...

Jayden's answers were so sweet. I especially love that he is proud of how hard you work. Glad he can appreciate all your work as a mother (hope he remembers that in his teenage years!).

Nicole said...

So Cute!