Friday, August 10, 2012

Christmas Time 2011

Christmas in our home begins with the Advent season and a slew of traditional German Advent calendars full of treats.  Each boy got both a store-bought version and a homemade calendar on the morning of December 1st.  It was fun to see their excitement for Christmas grow as they counted down.



 Did I mention that Jayden became a pro at putting Owen to sleep in the rocker?  Look at those snuggle buddies.
 My cute Tyler boy.
 Jayden and his fire station before it was disassembled so that the boys could play with all of the figures on it again.
 Mom got a new haircut...

 Our nativity.  This is my favorite Christmas decoration to set up every year.  Next Christmas will be even more fun because Tim surprised me with a second nativity this year for Christmas.  It's a gorgeous set carved out of olive tree wood from Jerusalem.
 When I went in to check on the boys on Christmas Eve night, I found Chase had climbed up onto the top bunk to sleep with big brother.
 Our new "Thankful Tree" tradition.  Starting on Thanksgiving we put up this tree and each added things we were thankful for on it throughout the Christmas season.  We really liked this tradition.  I think it will stick.
 Our Christmas tree and the stockings all hung.
 It's a little hard to see, but that's a pretty extensive Christmas village all along our kitchen bar counter area.
Christmas morning.  Tyler was thrilled with all of the Beyblades and accessories he received.
Jayden and his stocking stuffers.
Owen's first Christmas present.
Tim sporting a construction helmet.  Either his head grew or the helmet shrunk.  ;-)
That's a little better fit.
4 brothers on Christmas morning.
The highlight was that Santa brought the family a new electric train set to go around the Christmas tree. Owen loved watching it go around.
So did Chase.
 Our friend Allison took family pictures for us.  Here are some of my faves.  They're not the edited versions... those will come in a later post, but still here's a taste.
My boys.
 Mommy and baby.

 Ring around the roses.
 Mom and Dad amidst the chaos.  :-)
I love few things as much as Christmas time.  I love the spirit that is in our home as we talk about the Savior's birth and get excited to give each other gifts.  I love the music and carols we sing.  I love the traditions that Tim and I have brought from our childhoods and merged with new ones we've created with our family.  I love all the baking, and our traditional family cruise through the neighborhood to drop off dozens of plates of goodies at friends' and neighbors' doors, and I love getting goodies from friends and neighbors too.  :-)  I love Christmas cards.  I love the feeling of excitement and love in the air.  I love Christmas!  And here's a little gem from last Christmas that I had to include.



No comments: