My parents took the boys and me to the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk one day. Jayden and Opi rode the roller coaster.
Jayden and Tyler rode trucks...
And boats...

Even dragons.

Jayden and his favorite puppy Zoe.

Opi got the boys some soft serve ice cream at the Alameda County Fair.

This was Tyler's first soft serve cone to himself. I think he liked it. :-)

Swimming with Onkel Jan (that's uncle in German)
We also spent a wonderful afternoon at Tim's grandparents ranch. Tyler and Jay loved swimming in Nami and Grandpa John's pool.





They both loved their new goggles!
Ahhh... Mommy and her boys relaxing in the shade.

The trip was wonderful and sad at the same time. While we were there, my family had a small, intimate memorial service for my grandfather who passed away at the end of June. He would have been 94 this August. I felt so lucky to have taken part in the service. Listening to my dad, my aunts and uncles, cousins and brother share their memories made me feel like I had such a full idea of the man my grandfather was. I never felt such admiration as I did that day. I'm sad that he is no longer with us in this life, but grateful for the many wonderful examples and memories he left us with.
I love you Grandpa Lewie.
No comments:
Post a Comment