Friday, December 5, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

As soon as the Thanksgiving holiday was behind us, out came the Christmas decorations. By Saturday, we had the inside of the house most of the way decked out. Tyler's favorite part is our little Christmas village. He pulls up a chair and comments on the different houses several times a day.

The Tucson Zoo has an annual holiday lights display. The whole zoo is decorated with lights and Christmas trees and Santa himself makes an appearance.

Here are the boys with a "Santa Lion".

After that, it was on to wait in line for a chance to sit on the real Santa's lap. Jayden was so excited and came prepared with his wish list.

Tyler wasn't too sure about the whole thing. He was very in awe of Santa, though, and he did manage to choke out a shy "Merry Christmas" at the end. Santa promised Jay that his list would get straight to the elves.

The Advent season leading up to Christmas is a big deal in Germany, so every year our boys look forward to getting their Advent calendars, filled with a daily treat.

Well, we are excited to see what the rest of December brings. Merry Christmas season!

7 comments:

Carbonneau said...

okay Jenn, I have to come and check out your advent calendars. I have two little booklets for advent type things, but no box or pouch for a visual reminder for the boys. I'd really like to make one!

Your boys' haircuts look great! Does Tyler sit still for you?

Glad to see the update!

Christina said...

Love the decorations!! You did such a great job. What a good boy you have to only look at the village. I would be afraid to set one out at my home!! I did buy an advent calendar at the store this year in hopes to share it with the kids. I showed Katie what it was and told her that there was candy in it that we would pick out each day. I left it in the bottom shelf of the pantry....and apparently it was too tempting. I think we need to make one so I can refill it if someone forgets to wait. Yours are too cute!! And the zoo looks fun we should have gone with you guys!! I've been thinking about going too! Happy December!!

The Rollins said...

I love Christmas decorations. I love your little village. Tyler is just so cute and I love the haircuts. It's so hard to cut kids hair cause they only sit still for 2 seconds.

Emily said...

I know I always say it, but your boys are so handsome! I love all your decorations!!

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

I love your little village...you really are brave- my boys would have a ball thrown at that in no time!!

Stephanie said...

Your boys are too cute! I'd be afraid that the village would get broken in my house!

karen27 said...

Hi Jenny und family, mit großer Begeisterung habe ich Eure Site gelesen und finde sie großartig! Phyllis und ich waren sehr froh, dass wir Dich und Deine beiden süßen Söhne im September in Hamburg sehen konnten, und wir hoffen auf eine baldige Wiederholung! Euch vieren wünschen wir auf diesem Weg zauberhafte Weihnachten und ein gesundes, glückliches und friedvolles Neues Jahr. Ganz liebe Grüße aus Germany von Karen und Phyllis