The boys had so much fun decorating the tree this year. Of course, most of the ornaments ended up in a 2x2 square foot area on the bottom of the tree. (Mom did a bit of re-hanging after bed that night.) It was fun to watch them get so into it.
This is the tree after the ornaments were redistributed.
Our HOA trucked in some snow for a snow day in the middle of December. Jayden had a blast getting into snowball fights with some kids from school.
Tyler wasn't so sure about it all at first.
But eventually he got into the action and made (with Daddy's help) a few snowballs of his own. Poor kids. We didn't even have any gloves for them to wear.
In January, we celebrated Jayden's 6th Birthday. He had the theme for the party picked out since his last Birthday - transformers. Who knew we had a spiderman (don't mind the fact that he has no pants on, we were still potty training) and a transformer in our very own household?

Our big transformer boy was pretty pooped after all the partying. Grandma had sent some inflatable crowns, and Jayden carefully tucked his snuggle lion into bed inside the crown before passing out himself. After feeling like my first boy was getting too big too fast all day, it was comforting to see his snuggle pal in bed with him. I love this boy very much, and will never fully understand how I got so lucky to be a mother to his sweet spirit, but I sure am glad that he's my boy!
I just couldn't resist a slumbering shot of my other little guy. There is something about watching a sleeping child that I just love!
5 comments:
What great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
I have a feeling Travis is going to REALLY WANT a transformers birthday this year too. That's cute that Jayden had his theme decided since last year.
Happy Birthday Jayden!
Hey there! I was just check out you blog and noticed a Conrgratulations is due to your upcoming baby as well! We're due right around the same time :)
What a cool party! I still can't believe Jay is 6!
Post a Comment