Friday, February 27, 2009

A Family Fit for a King

As many of you know, we had our anatomy ultrasound this Wednesday. We had literally been counting down the days for this one for the past few weeks, and even got the boys all hyped up and brought them to the appointment with us. Would this be our first little girl, or would we add another boy to the bunch? Well, let's just say I've changed the blog colors to reflect what the ultrasound revealed... Yes, as the tech started checking out the lower extremities, we definitely saw something very familiar. Knowing that we were hoping for a little girl, the ultrasound tech turned to Tim, who was obviously shocked, and said, "Well, you would have made a great king. You have no shortage of heirs." So there you have it. Baby number three will be another little boy. I'm not sure who was more surprised by the news, Tim or Jayden (I really had no idea going in and Tyler was convinced it was a boy). Everything looked healthy, so we are very excited for our little guy, and will now have to focus all of our energy on agreeing on a name. For some reason, we always have a much harder time with this for boys than for girls. Maybe that's why we keep getting boys... just naming them is always a lesson in compromising for Tim and me. :-)

9 comments:

Cherise said...

Congrats!! Welcome to the 3 boy club!! How cute will that be? Three little blonde's (assuming he will be blonde of coarse) You are so lucky! I am so so excited for you!

Danielle said...

You make darling boys! I can't wait to meet Skyler's new buddy!

Nicole said...

Congrats - That is aweome! The Nelson Boys - how cool does that sound!

Gates Family said...

Congrats!!! Guess third time wasn't your charm. :( But apparently you guys are so good with boys!!! That will be fun.

Carbonneau said...

three boys...hmmm, I think he will be very happy following his older brothers around. I can only imagine how good your boys are going to be with a baby brother, I bet they are so excited.

I understand the name thing...it has always been hard for us to name our boys. GOOD LUCK! AND CONGRATS, nothing wrong with three boys, we LOVE IT!

Emily said...

Congrats!! You have the sweetest, most handsome boys and another one will fit right in. Girls are overrated:).

Hall of Halls said...

We had 3 boys & then a girl. Boys are so fun. Your boys are so cute too.

NewBini said...

I think you told me once Tyler wants to be a police officer, Jayden an astronaut and now you can have a professional ball player to round out the group of famous Nelson Boys.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Oh congrats Jenn! I think little boys are so sweet and I wouldn't mind having a couple more myself someday. And your little boys are incredibly cute so that will be fun to have another one! Congrats!!