Today was Jayden's first time giving a talk in primary, which is the kid's church class at our church. He was assigned to speak about the important roles of family members. Jay was very excited for today and worked hard yesterday to come up with ideas for his talk. He included what each person in our family does - i.e. Jayden makes his bed to help Mommy, Daddy works and helps him pray, and Mommy teaches him things and makes healthy food - he was intent on including the healthy bit, so I better live up to that. :-) He also mentioned his version of what Colossians 3 teaches, and he definitely wanted to include a baseball analogy too. He practiced hard all day yesterday to memorize it. Granted when he got in front of the class today, he got a bit of the stage fright he's inherited from mom and dad and needed some coaching, but he stayed up there and delivered the entire talk he prepared. We were so proud. What a big guy!
Our boys before church. (Mom wasn't bright enough to not make them face the sun, so Jayden's eyes are watering and Tyler can't even look up.)
Brothers relaxing after church.

Here's our big guy.
5 comments:
Jayden, I was so impressed with your talk today. I can't believe you memorized it!! You are amazing. In Senior Primary Graham talked about your talk and told them what a great job you did. He then told them your baseball analogy! He was so impressed! Way to go!
Jayden did AWESOME. I loved that he had the whole thing memorized. I have never accomplished that with one of my kids. He did a good job coming up with it. Way to go!!!
Oh I'm so sad we missed it!!!
He did such a great job! I'm glad I got to see it!
I love the enthusiasm! Way to go Jayden! Way to be a great example to those around you.
Post a Comment