Monday, November 9, 2009

Summer Pictures?!?

I know, it's a wierd blog title in the middle of November, but when you haven't really posted pictures in 4 months... well, you gotta do what you gotta do. We actually had a really fun and eventful summer. Here are just a few highlights.

Tim and I were able to leave the boys with his wonderful sister Leanne for three days to get away to Sedona before Chase was born. Sedona was beautiful, and we would have gladly stayed there longer. The rock formations were amazing!










This is a Catholic chapel built right into the side of a cliff. It was pretty breathtaking.














The view from the highest point in the city.










On the way back we visited some old ruins. Native Americans built huge castle-like homes in the sides of the cliffs. It was very impressive.














I know this is only like 5 months late, but we had a really nice Father's Day. I am very grateful for the dad Tim is to our boys. They all love him so much. Tyler and Jayden can hardly wait for him to get home from work or wake up from sleeping every day, and Chase's little face already just lights up when his dad enters the room. We love you Tim!










The boys and I had fun watching movies in our living room fort. Star Wars was the favorite this summer. We watched all six episodes multiple times.










Okay, parental guidance suggested... the next two pictures are NOT pretty. I came across them today and am posting them mostly to remind myself in case I start to think about getting pregnant any time in the near future. Yikes!!! I'm not sure what was bigger at 8 months - my ankles or my belly!?




















The boys also took swim lessons at the local pool. Two sessions each. They loved it! Jayden can now really swim, and Tyler totally got over any fear of water. He jumps in and dunks his head under without a second thought these days.
Jay swimming from his teacher to the side of the pool.
Tyler floating around.

By the end of the lessons, Jayden could jump off the diving board, surface and swim to the edge all by himself.

And Tyler, well, he was just happy being thrown in and caught by his teachers.
The boys also got to go to a soccer clinic hosted by the U of A women's soccer team.

Jayden and the ladies.
High knees.

Tyler working on his dribbling skills.
Fun times! Hope you all had a great Summer now that it's half way through Fall. ;-)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Great update Jenn! You'll be so glad down the road that you took the time to record all these memorable moments in your family. I got my blog book back that I ordered last week and it includes the first 2 years of my blog. My kids have so much fun looking through it. I only wish I had recorded more things down.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Your boys are so cute! And I think that was an awesome father's day gift idea. Gonna keep that in mind for next June :).

Katie said...

I went to High School about a mile down the road from Montezuma's Castle. And Kev and I spent our honeymoon in Sedona. Great pictures! You boys are getting so big and adorable. Congrats on your tri, your amazing.

Christina said...

Awesome pics Jen! I love Sedona,it is one of the prettiest places in AZ I think. It looks like you guys had an action packed summer. Your boys are lucky to have such great parents that do such fun things!:)