There are certain moments, days and memories that have taken place over the last two years, that I definitely want to have a record of. Among the most important to our family was August 22nd, 2009. That day we entered the Holy Temple as a family and were sealed for time and eternity. It was a definite emotional high.
Tim and I had the opportunity to go through the temple for the first time ourselves the day before, surrounded by many of our dearest friends. Both days were amazingly spiritual and beautiful. They are moments I will never forget, and I will be forever grateful to those who were by our sides for both events. I had never felt so close to my Heavenly Father before. The Spirit in the temple is truly so strong and sweet. I felt as though I had come home, and I was able to feel profound connections to everyone there, but especially to my husband and my best friend. Suddenly the deepness of my friendship with Danielle became clear to me as I realized in a moment how closely connected our spirits have always been and that it was no accident that we were brought together in this life as well. I came to understand that she will always be a sister to me.
On the second day, Tim and I got our boys ready and re-entered our Father's house with our family of 5. Nothing could have prepared me for the emotions I would feel as I watched all 3 of our boys, Chase at only 4 weeks old, being brought to us dressed all in white. I think we all felt the depth and strength of our family bond so profoundly as we knelt together in that beautiful place. I know that I never felt luckier to have Tim as my eternal companion or each of those boys as my sons forever. I can still see all of there sweet faces. It was powerful. It was spiritual. It was emotional. (So emotional in fact that I totally remember crying the ugly cry while smiling all at the same time.)
We don't have many pictures from that day, and in most of them someone looks like they're going to cry because it was super bright and hot that August day. But I want to have these mementos anyway.
The beautiful Mesa, Arizona temple.
Tyler and Dad outside the temple. Someone wasn't too happy about having to take pictures in the sun.
Our forever family. I love each of these guys with all my heart and feel like the luckiest girl that I get to be with them forever. I know that this day made a special impression on our boys too, and I hope that it will help guide them to prepare to re-enter the temple for themselves and their families one day.




No comments:
Post a Comment