Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tag Time!

I've been tagged, so here it goes...

Eight Favorite TV shows:
1. House
2. The Office (but I only ever watch it on DVD after the season is already over)
3. American Idol
4. Dateline
5. 48 Hours (especially the 48 Hours mystery episodes)
6. The Daily Show
7. Trading Spaces
8. What Not to Wear
(This was kind of rough! I don't know that there is any show, other than House and American Idol, that I really watch with a ton of consistency.)

Eight Favorite Restaurants:
1. Morton's of Chicago (Not that we get to go often. First of all, they're only in big cities. Secondly, it's very pricey. But for an amazing steak every once in a great while, it is delish. Plus, we ate at the one in San Francisco the night Tim proposed.)
2. The Melting Pot (I am a social eater, so a meal that takes its time and ends with tasty treats dipped in melted chocolate is an automatic hit with me.)
3. Ra Sushi (Or any good sushi place for that matter.)
4. The Grate Steak (only in southern Virginia)
5. Los Gallos (little Mexican place in Hayward, CA)
6. Cafe Rio (only eaten there once, but we loved it!)
7. Texas Roadhouse
8. Golden Corral (for family meals out... actually, other than Eegees it's about the only place we go to dinner with kids.)
(This one was much easier for me than TV shows. I could go on and on. Can you see which is more important to me - good food or TV - that's a no-brainer! :-) )

Eight things that happened yesterday:
1. Jayden had a soccer game (and scored another 4 goals!)
2. Tim debated politics with his sister
3. Our nephews and our boys played and played
4. I took a nap!!
5. The boys told my parents all about Halloween over the phone
6. We found out my family might come for Christmas (we're not going anywhere with Tim working Christmas Day)
7. I watched Thais, which is always fun! Our boys just love her, and story time before bed is very sweet with those three.
8. I stayed up way too late watching Trading Spaces and the show about the Duggar Family (for those who have never seen it, I think it's on TLC and this family has 17 kids and one on the way!!!)

Eight Things to Look Forward To:
1. The Holiday Season! (Even though I'm a warm weather girl, from Thanksgiving to New Years has always been my favorite time of year)
2. Decorating for Christmas
3. The smell of a fresh Christmas tree
4. The day when Tim has some seniority and a better schedule!
5. My soccer game this Friday. (I haven't played in almost 4 weeks and I miss it!)
6. Yoga tomorrow
7. Going to the temple to be sealed as a family
8. I have to echo Stephanie - the election being over! (I think I've seen enough campaign ads to last a lifetime!)

Eight Things on My Wish List:
1. Being done with any remaining painting in my house
2. Having our pavers done in the backyard
3. A new car (I think it's minivan time!)
4. A new pot and pan set for the kitchen (I saw an amazing stainless steel one online a few months ago and have been wishing ever since)
5. Getting my masters (in what, I have yet to firmly decide, but I would love to learn more and have that for when my kids are older and I'm ready to work again)
6. Having Tim home every evening (right now he works four nights a week)
7. A vacation with Tim
8. Having our families move to Arizona (I know not likely in the near future anyway, but one can wish)

Eight Things I Love About the Fall:
(I was just in Germany, where you actually experience real fall weather and was reminded about the great things this season has to offer, if you're not living in Arizona that is.)
1. Leaves changing colors (so beautiful!)
2. Watching your children have a blast raking, playing in, jumping on fallen leaves
3. Fall fashion - jeans, boots, jackets, sweaters, scarves
4. The first time it's cold enough to see your breath in the air
5. Halloween
6. Thanksgiving
7. Being able to open the windows and let fresh, cool air in (This is something to look forward to in Arizona, though only mornings and evening at this point. During the day, it's still too warm!)
8. Warmer foods and beverages - soups, hot cocoa, apple cider

Eight people I tag: 1. Danielle; 2. Jamie; 3. Nicole; 4. Nadia; 5. Kati C.; 6. Renee; 7. Allison; 8. Cherise

2 comments:

Emily said...

That was fun to read and see some things we have in common:) Thanks for sharing!

Christina said...

What a fun opportunity to get to know you better! We are looking forward to seeing you at soccer! I feel like it's been forever although it has only been 2 weeks since I played. We missed ya!!:)