To say that we moved here for the Monsons 5 years ago might be a bit of a stretch, but to say that they were a HUGE part of why we felt compelled to leave California and head for the desert would be quite accurate. I don't think any of us could have predicted, though, just how dear our time living so near one another would be, or just how much our families would come to feel like family, how many holidays we would share, how we can still fondly remember an entire season of American Idol nights, and too many Sunday dinners to count. That doesn't even touch on how much it meant to me to be able to run to my best friend's house when things got a little too crazy at mine, how comforting it was to know that there was always someone there who would watch my children at the drop of a dime, or how amazing it was to see my husband find his best friend in Danielle's Jordan. So, the point is, we love the Monsons, and were beyond sad when we found out they were moving away. We waited till the very last minute to say goodbye, having their kids spend the night here on their last night, and having one last Nelson/Monson breakfast before they pulled out. Thankfully, we got some pictures to capture those last moments of shared Nelson/Monson time in Marana.
Skylee boy hamming it up for the camera.
Danielle and I comparing our prego bellies.
Gracie and Owen's in utero farewell.
A teary picture after Danielle opened her going away gift. I collected letters and cards from so many of Danielle's closest friends from her time here in Tucson and compiled them with treats for the kiddos in a little box, so that each day of their first month in Utah they could feel some Marana love. I know that all of the letters and cards Danielle received meant the world to her, so thank you to all who participated.
Trying to get a picture of the kids. I had to include all of the shots because they were so typical. :-) Chase in tears after losing the fight with Skyler over Jayden's camera.
Chase now with the camera and in a slightly better mood...
Finally, all the kids looking! These kids were really like siblings. I sure hope that we can visit each other often enough through the years that they will always stay close.
Let the hugging begin!
A farewell hug for Skyler and Chase. I just know these boys are meant to be friends. They have the same mischievous streak and could certainly wreak some havoc together.
We definitely miss the Monsons. We'll just have to see where both Jordan and Tim end up after they are done with their MBAs. Maybe there will be a future Nelson/Monson living spot. There will definitely be lots of family trips and many more memories made. We love you Monsons!
1 comment:
Jenn! This post makes me cry. That was such a hard day. I hated saying goodbye! It really is neat to see how much our kids are like siblings. I miss your boys so much! I love this post so much. I miss you and hope and pray we will see you this fall!
Love you friend!
Post a Comment